The flat style has really come into vogue recently, as design trends increasingly favor simple elements with bright colors.
In this tutorial, I’m going to share how you can create Adobe After Effects videos with the flat design style in just a few minutes. We’ll look at a roundup of some of the easiest and best projects for recreating the flat effects, no matter your level of experience with After Effects.
Watch & Learn
I am not an After Effects professional. It is an amazing, but intimidating, piece of software. Even for experienced users of other animation and image-manipulation software, it can take some time to get truly comfortable with.
That’s why I use projects from VideoHive over and over again. These are pre-built projects that you can use with your own unique brand assets. The animations and effects will still work, but your own elements will be animated instead.
Watch the screencast below to see how I can use one of these projects to animate a logo for my side project in the flat style.
Check out the projects below for a roundup of the best flat After Effects projects that you can use with your own logo, text, and graphics.
1. Flat Logo Reveal — Abstract Sting
Ideal for: animating your own logo with a bit of shadow and text.
2. Flat Design — Explainer Animation
Ideal for: flat explainer videos with easy-to-use graphics.
3. Christmas Flat — Broadcast Package
Ideal for: a holiday themed greeting card for your business or freelance practice.
4. Flat Infographics Toolkit — Animated Infographic Templates
Ideal for: showcasing data, charts, and graphics with animation.
5. Flat Animated Icons Library — Visual Asset Collection
Ideal for: creating an explainer video with plenty of icons to support your points.
6. Flat Logo — Animated Logo Sting
Ideal for: a simple, inexpensive way to animate your logo with a flat style.
7. Flat Flip Logo Reveal — Corporate Logo Sting
Ideal for: animating your logo with extra graphical flourishes in After Effects.
8. Flat Corporate — Video Display Template
Ideal for: building a modern flat look with traditional typography styles.
9. Flat Lower Third — Abstract Design Elements
Ideal for: annotating a video with funky flat lower third titles.
10) Flat Christmas — Opener Template
Ideal for: another easy-to-use flat holiday video, perfect for current season.
11. Flat App Promo — Mobile Product Display Demo Template
Ideal for: animating and promoting your app with easy animations to include devices.
12. Flat Logo Opener — Abstract Logo Sting
Ideal for: animating a logo with surrounding shape animations to really grab the user’s eye.
13. Flat Infographics Elements — Infographics Frameworks
Ideal for: charting and graphing data with simple, flat colors.
14. Flat Extrude Preset — Text and Logo Design Preset
Ideal for: creating a flat look, with a bit of retro style, using the popular extrusion effect.
15. Social Flat — Corporate Logo Stings
Ideal for: adding social icons to help keep your audience connected.
More After Effects Projects
Thanks to Envato Market, you can create video files with no real knowledge of animation. Simply substitute your own personalized assets and details into the project and you can create a customized animation.
Here are other great round ups to create video projects easily with After Effects: